Eligibility of membership:
Applicant must be:
i. Permanent resident of the HKSAR
ii. Aged 18-45
iii. Young entrepreneur (Please refer to the following criteria set by the board).
The criteria include:
a. The applicant has started, owned and been involved in operating a real business for no less than 6 months within the last 2 years (calculated from the time when application was submitted). Supporting documents will be required for verification.
b. Recipient of an award in one of the following entrepreneurship competitions or the applicant is the participant in one of the following entrepreneurship programs:
– Microfinance scheme under support of the YBHK
– The HSBC Youth Business Awards
– Entrepreneurs that have set up their business at the Qianhai Shenzhen- Hong Kong Youth Innovation and Entrepreneur Hub via YBHK
1. Receive regular HKGCYE, YBHK and other startup related news
2. Invitation to members’ gathering
3. Invitation to HKGCYE’s talks and seminars at the membership price
4. Invitation to attend mainland China or overseas entrepreneurship exchange programs at the membership price
5. Other members’ benefits
1. Annual fee of HKD $2,000. The membership expires on 31 March.
2. Membership renewal is on an annual basis. Membership renewal fee is $500
3. For members who join after 31 Oct, the membership can be extended to the 31 March of the next financial year (e.g. If a member joins on 1 Nov 2015, the membership expires on the 31 Mar 2017)
*Early bird: For those who register as member on or before 17 April 2015, they shall receive a free ticket to the HKGCYE inauguration ceremony dinner held on the 24 April 2015, as well as a free booth at PMQ held on the 7-8 May 2015.
1. Applicants must submit the following documents. Please ensure that the information provided is accurate. The Chamber will not handle incomplete or inaccurate applications.
Completed application form
Copy of HKID
Business Registration of the company that the applicant is currently operating
2. Please submit the above documents email to [email protected] (Membership fee can be paid in person or via mail in cheque to the Secretariat of HKGCYE. The address is新界荃灣福來村永樂樓地下7-10號香港青年協會香港青年創業計劃秘書處(Please put the header of the cheque as “xxx”支票抬頭為香港青年協會)
3. The Chamber will communicate application results via email when a complete set of application has been submitted
4. Membership is non transferrable
5. The decision of the The Hong Kong General Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs on any application is final
Members’ information update
Please email the Secretariat for any update of personal particulars or business information
Termination of membership
The Chamber reserves the right to terminate the membership without prior notice if any of the following situations occurs:
Provision of false information
Incorrect use of membership or transfer of membership to a third party
Intentional disruption of the Chamber’s operationsM
Use of the Chamber to conduct illegal activities
Personal information collection statement:
1.1 All documents submitted will only be used for the purposes of the Chamber’s and the YBHK’s communications, operations and management and will not be returned. If members cannot provide timely updates of their information, the Chamber and YBHK may not provide relevant service to the member and this may lead to termination of membership.
1.2 According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 18, 22 and Appendix 1 point 6) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, a member has the right to review and correct personal particulars in the application form.